So we are cooking today stuffed squids. I have to say that this recipe is my mother's, in case that eventually the recipe becomes famous, she will be requesting the credits for it hehe.
Stuffed Squids/ Calamares Rellenos
2 fresh dirty squids
2 Garlic cloves
2 Boiled eggs
2 Bay leaves
1/2 Glass cooking wine
How to cook it:
1. Wash the squid and clean them. How to clean it: you have to separate the head from the body. Grab the squid tail in one hand and pull firmly from the head, it should come out easily. Save the body for later and now separate the tentacles from the head. Chop the tentacles and put them in a small bowl. On the body you will find a thin, clear sliver of cartilage, it is not edible, you have o remove it frm the body, just grasp and pull. The last step is peeling the squid, it is going to be easy to separate from the flesh. Once the skin is removed, wash the squid.
2. Chop super thin half of the onion, the parsley, the boiled eggs and add them to the same bowl where you saved the tentacles before. Add some breadcrumbs, salt and pepper.
3. Take one by one the squids and stuff them with the mixture using a teaspoon.
4. And once you fill them, you will close them with a tooth stick, like sewing the edge.
5. That is everything for the squids. now we are going to prepare the sauce. Slice the other half of the onion and put it in a pan, add some parsley, 2 bay leaves, green peas, diced potatoes, the cooking wine and the squids. Cover all the ingredients with water, bring it to boil. Add salt and pepper.
6. Leave it boiling for about 10-15 minutes, ir until the potatoes are cooked. Serve warm. Enjoy!